Saturday, December 19, 2009

We are off!

Tomorrow is the big day and we have everything we need. We ran out earlier for a present for our niece which is very important and I asked my uncle to hold our car which he was very happy to do. I have to remember to give my mother the telephone number to where we will be staying; don't want to forget that. We have been calling to see if flights were canceled as you know, a storm is coming or has arrived. They say it is too early to tell for tomorrow afternoon. The boys wanted to go out during bedtime to play in the snow. They were too through that I said "tomorrow". Yet they went to bed pretty quickly in anticipation.

Our Department had their Christmas party and my supervisor made good on his promise. There was a collection for our trip to help the three organizations we wanted to contribute to. We got a hefty penny I must say. On top of everything, we ate at Cafe Orlin and the food was great. The ice cream was fabulous. See the website for menu www.cafeorlin.com

I finished my Internship, that was great and all exams are finished for graduation.I will be keeping up with the blog and your comments. There are a few internet cafe's in the City area, where we are staying. we will be flighing on Turkish airlines, stopping in Istanbul for 9 hours where we will site see a little. Then we will head off to Addis. We will be back on the 8th which means in our house on Saturday. Happy New Year everyone. See you 2010!

6 comments:

  1. Hi M & P,
    I pray you make it there safely, and you get to accomplish all your goals while there. Tell the boys Merry Christmas for me.
    K. Pratt

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just about a week now. Hope you are finding and seeing where your heart is leading you. Be good.
    H.F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your holiday is going great for you. I wish you all the very best in the upcoming new year.

    Kindest regards,
    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. M,P,Y & M:
    Hope your trip went well and safe. I heard about you fight delay. Bummer! anyway, continue serving like jesus and giving of your heart. We wish you all and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Return safe and see you all Very soon. PS: Mike don't eat too much Camel. (HAHA!) Much love from the Gutierrez Family...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Petrina,

    I wish you and the your family a Happy New Year. I came in on the tail end of this. Hope to see you soon.
    Luv Marjorie C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all. We are just getting over jet lag. I will be updating you on our trip in a few sleep days.get some rest. By the way, Ethiopians do not eat camel meat. That was during our time in Somalia (1999-2001). It is tasty though. The shoulder is the best part. Thanks again everyone for all your comments and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete