Thursday, July 5, 2012

Young Humanitarian Hearts

My children have such caring hearts for animals especially my youngest. His love of animals does not just stop at caring for birds, insects, dog and cats but humans as well. He cried for 6 hours, off and on, when he saw a homeless man standing on the side of the highway, holding a sign for donations. This was just a week ago. We couldn't stop him from crying the whole day because he felt so sorry for this man; regardless of our best efforts. He is the same child who is selling rocks to feed children in Africa. We almost went for broke on our trip to Ethiopia, with our children. They could not understand why we did not give every child who held their hands out, some Ethiopian Birr or coins.

My youngest wanted us to adopt as many as possible which my husband and I have discussed in the past. Since we have two Ethiopian boys by birth, why not adopt an Ethiopian girl. My sons think it's a great idea which surprised me because they didn't mind having another girl in the house. My hopes is that they will continue to have such caring hearts and become actively involved in humanitarian work. The world needs more of us.

Mission: Rescue fallen baby birds from ground during summer heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment