Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Surprise Them and Yourself

I will be speaking for my Alma-Mata High School Graduation! I have always wanted to to be the Keynote speaker at my former HS but waited three years until I was ready. It is one of my impossibles on my impossible check list, which I believe everyone should have. On June 28th I will be able to check it off. I am so psyched and nervous at the same time. I entered my candidacy and now I feel like what have I gotten myself into.

I felt if anyone should do a graduation speech it should be me. I have been to so many. I even found a way to go to a graduation where I got in but didn't know anyone. That's how much I love them. They are so inspiring. Anyway I will try it out on you first. Tell me what you think?

My Speech
To the graduating class of 2010, when you leave here today you will have many obstacles. After graduation is when the real work begins. There are two sure things I want to speak about today. Failure and Success. First you are expected to Fail. People will judge you by your name, where you grew up and even the color of your skin. But you surprise them. When elephants are trained in foreign countries they are made to wear shackles that will cut their flesh if they try to escape. After some time they believe they cannot get away. The shackles are then substituted for a red string. Although, they can leave, in their minds they are held captive. Do not let anyone label you that you can't do something and worse of all do not label yourself. In your mind you have no limitation.

Secondly Success is all how you view life. Travel, go make a difference. I learned this from Fatima who I held at an Orphanage and then died three days later. She needed insulin and there was none in the country. Our organization had insulin flown in that helped so many others. She taught me how precious life is an how precious my life is. A very rich man took along a very positive companion who always says, "This is good". (Anyway the story is funny and illustrates the point for positive thinking). That even in difficult situations you should be able to see the good. So remember to surprise them, surprise yourself, make a difference and everything is good. All the best in everything you put your hands to.

Well, wish me luck and I hope you were inspired as well. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment