Monday, July 19, 2010

The Beauty of Adoption

Last year we went to a birthday party and met this gentleman, who is in the picture, with his adopted daughter from Ethiopia. The host of the party took this picture of them around the time of early adoption. She was 5 years old at the party and my husband and her father was speaking almost throughout the whole party. Turns out his wife had died shortly after the adoption and he had been taking care of his new daughter by himself. She is the sweetest thing and my husband was so impressed with this gentleman. They exchanged contact information at the party.

The other day as I was blog-hopping, I found two amazing sites on adoption. One of them was so inspiring, I grabbed their button and you can see it below, on the bottom right hand side called "Ethiopia or Bust". They have an Ethiopian son and just adopted an Ethiopian daughter. I also found another site called Addus aBaby. They have a whole listing of other Ethiopian adoption blog sites. This wonderful couple adopted a beautiful baby boy. I went through so many of them and was very impressed with all the families who adopted. There are some good sites for couples who want to adopt as well, just be careful to do your homework.

Quotes from adoptive parents:

"Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you with them. It's something quite magical." -Nicole Kidman

"By choice we have become a family, first in our hearts and then in our flesh and being." -Richard Fischer

"However motherhood comes to you, it is a miracle." -Valerie Harper

"We look at adoption as a very sacred exchange, it was not done lightly on either side. I would dedicate my life to this child." Jamie Lee Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment