Sunday, September 12, 2010

Enjoying the New Year.

These are my boys and myself on Ethiopian New Year. We had a great time with family at Dukem Restaurant in DC. We had Kitfo and Yebeg tibs, which are my favorite and the boys had Aletcha fit-fit, their favorite. We had great conversation and chatted about Ethiopia and places they visited when they were younger. In school they passed notes to their older sister from a love interest, realizing at that moment (at the table) each brother was given a note to deliver. This was a segway into marriage and who to marry, what to look for in a mate and the difficulties of who to choose on a wedding guest list, with a limited budget. Of course part of the conversation and entertainment was the boys and going back to school and how nice they look in their Ethiopian clothing. My husband and I told stories of my oldest son and his adventurous spirit. For my youngest we spoke about his sensitivity to right all wrongs. I love their differences in personality. I had a vision for their future and tried to stay in the moment for they are the future Ethiopian Americans. On the way home we danced in the car to daddy and mommy's music, when we were teenagers. We did the Robot and John Travolta. Right before we reached home the boys spotted a soldier in the car next to us. The boys started to salute him as did my husband and myself, to his surprise. We whispered jokes until we all went to bed...... So hopefully from reading about our day, you felt included on our celebration of the New Year. My this year bring you and your family much health, wealth and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment