Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ethiopian Joke

I received an email called Ethiopian Mothers. It was a very funny attachment of an Ethiopian Joke about how smart mothers can be. I never forgot it as it continues to make me smile even as I think about it. I will try to be true to its translation. Here it goes:

One day a young man's mother was coming to visit him in the states from Ethiopia. He was excited but didn't want his mother to know that his girlfriend was living with him. So when she arrived he told her she was his roommate and when his mother continued to inquire of her he said, "she is only a friend and nothing more". His mother accepted his replies and stayed for a month. They had a wonderful time and they were both sad to see her go. After a few weeks, the young lady could not find the traditional kettle and asked her boyfriend if he knew where it was. He said he had not seen it either. She then felt bad but wondered if his mother had taken it by accident. So he called his mother and apologized but asked if she had taken the kettle. She said, "no I did not take it. I left it under your pillow, in your bed. If you had been sleeping in it, you would have known it was there".

No comments:

Post a Comment