Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fundraising Efforts for OTTE

For the month of December we will be be interviewing different organizations who are helping the poor and needy. I wanted to start with "Our Trip to Ethiopia" (OTTE). OTTE is now incorporated under a new name. I will give more detail at the launch date. Until then, we have started our fundraising efforts for next years projected date for delivering funds to the children of Ethiopia. Hopefully, next year will bring more opportunity to help Ethiopian families here in the states.

We started our fundraising efforts using this blog as a voice to our humanitarian work, documentation for giving and encouragement for others to do the same. It's about finding your own voice and making a difference. This year is a new challenge as we have moved. I have been researching new ideas and prospects for raising donations. For now I came up with the idea of winter scarves that I started crocheting in October. I made 10 and they were all sold in one day. I am so happy but have to make 10 more to replace by Christmas, for my original targeted customers. I will be able to make it so I am not worried. I will be shipping them next week. I wish sooner but I want them to be quality work. I will probably sell more after the holidays. You can see a sample of a few below.

Funny I never thought I crocheted well enough to sell. I used to have heart disease that kept me in the hospital for two months, when I was a 11 years old. A nurse taught me how to crochet and the first thing I made was a yellow and green blanket. I rarely crochet now and picked it up as I had an eagerness to make something. I started with one scarf and couldn't stop. Ideas and creations continue to fill my mind. I want to start knitting also. I am a little rusty but inspired. Who would have known, hidden talent so small could help make a difference?


























No comments:

Post a Comment