Friday, November 4, 2011

Living and Learning

Living in East Africa was the best experience of my life outside of getting married and having children. I started the party with a post "Being a Humanitarian". I still remember so many things 10 years later. Being in somalia and watching baby phatima struggle to live one day and three days later seeing her limp lifeless body. There was no insulin in the country to keep her alive. There is now due to many efforts : ) Then there is the rally for aids awareness in Kenya and the devastation of families due to a lack of knowledge. Djubouti's young girls selling their bodies to make money. And Ethiopia's barefoot children running to every car, begging for small change every chance they get.

It inspired me to come to the states and start my own foundation to provide scholarships and to continue giving to those abroad. I never though I was capable but now I know God wants to answer your most challenging request because nothing is impossible for him. When you see how others live around the world you get a greater understanding and appreciation of the human spirit while you become spiritually enlightened. So if you get a chance to travel do so and absorb every moment. Better yet, bring something, however small or do something to touch the people you will see.




Live & Learn,

Petrina MA, PC/MHC

No comments:

Post a Comment