Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ambition

I spoke to someone today who I haven't spoke to in a very long time. I was happy to hear they were doing well. She moved due to her ambition to do something her friends thought was basically impossible. Even I thought in the back of my head. That is not possible. Even after what I accomplished for this site, I doubted someone else's dream could be done. She has made great sacrifices for her dreams to be accomplished and it drives her to accomplish it despite what anyone thinks.

Ambition means to seek after earnestly, to aspire, to desire some sort of achievement. Synonyms are aspiration, aim, goal, yearning, longing, drive or force (dictionary.com). The word that stands out for me is "drive". One of the definitions for drive is "a vigorous onward course". What vigorous onward course are you moving towards? What is hidden or dug deep within, that you desire to bring to fruitation? What hinders you from carrying it out? Who hinders you from carrying it out? What time frame can you plan in to accomplish this action? How simple or difficult is it for you? How long have you been wanting to do it? How can you get the tools needed for this to happen? What self reflection do you need to have in taking a step towards your goal? I hope these questions have been helpful in getting you started or getting you to complete what you desire to do or finish. Lastly, do you really know what you are capable of?

No comments:

Post a Comment