Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beloved Ethiopia

Thirteen months of sunshine
Is where on earth you'll find
Brotherhood of humanity
Peace of mind for your insanity
Of green pastures from ages old
With rich traditions and stories told
Of evil eyes and ancient streams
Powerful men and influential Queens
Do you hear its calling
Of rushing hot springs
And towering cities on hills
the swaying of Eucalyptus trees
The ferment of honey from bees
Voices of the market women calls
Similar to warm water falls
The smell of Buna/pastry shops
Overlooking majestic mountain tops
Rural livestock graze the feilds
While dimming light, night steals
The covered sky fill stars reveal
A country of intrigue and mystique
Its people proud, determined and meek
Hearts bitter sweet to what they see
And what they know life could be
This place of hidden treasure
In which no power could measure
Its timeless assent stature
Living free is all that matters
Free of propaganda shown
A calling from land and the air above
To remind me of its true love
To be all that I am, woman or man
With all that I have and all that I plan
It calls me to rise
To give back and to strive
To better myself after my completed search
Then to my brothers of birth and common earth.

Beloved Ethiopia, Art in its Written Form, by Petrina Yemane, www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment