Thursday, November 4, 2010

How did "Our Trip to Ethiopia" (OTTE) get started?

Mike and I used to work for an Aid Organization in East Africa where we worked with an orphanage and many other projects. We would travel on furlow to Ethiopia whenever we had an opportunity. When we came back to the states we felt the need to continue giving. We started fundraising at work and when we traveled to Ethiopia, we would bring the private donations to the local centers and organizations who were helping mothers and children.

For our trip, I started documenting online. I have another blog on marriage and family, which just celebrated it's 1st year anniversary last week. You can see the 17 post celebration here. I figured if I could start a private blog on my family, I could start a public one on our philanthropic giving for others to join in, support, comment, connect with other blogs on travel (which I will highlight later) and highlight the culture which is the most important reason. With the help of my husband, who is Ethiopian (which I will tell you how we met, shortly), it would become a great online journal of just a small portion of work in Africa on a whole. I love that I get to write about Ethiopia. I will leave you for now but will continue the program in a few minutes. Thanks for your support!

Best,
Petrina, a.k.a Hirut

No comments:

Post a Comment