Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Good News

There are a few programs out there that are doing a great job of helping the Ethiopia community when it comes to immigration and helping mothers and children. Most of them are not registered with their state. It is family and community coming together as this is the way we should help one another.

From my research there are no non-profit organizations in Virginia. which has a growing Ethiopian population second to District of Columbia. In DC there are only two non-profits that I know of that works with the fast growing needs of Ethiopians within the tri-state (DC, VA, MD). You can find them listed below.

Ethiopian Community Center
7603 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20012
3608 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20012

Kidist Mariam Ethiopian Orthodox Church
1350 Buchanan Street Northwest Washington D.C., DC 20011-4453

My good news is that I am in the process of starting a new non-profit. I wanted to announce it for the 1st Year Anniversary Post of "Our Trip To Ethiopia". It is now registered. My goal is to continue our work abroad and to partner with the centers here. The focus will be on Scholarships, Acculturation/Adjustment and Crisis Intervention. We have to get off the ground first, so to speak, and then the real work begins. Keep us in your prayers and again, thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment