Friday, November 6, 2009

Brave Vision

When you go on a trip to a place like Ethiopia it is difficult to go as a leisure vacation. It is not like going to a tropical island like my beloved country Montserrat. Ethiopia is probably the size of Texas times two. Montserrat is a little bigger than the island of Manhattan. The needs in Ethiopia is so huge. Although it is rich in culture and one of the oldest civilizations, it also has many poor people. So this is the dilemma. How can I go there and have a great time when I know my heart will be pulled and my eyes absorb their experiences? As the motivated person that I am, which comes from my family before me who knew the struggle of survival, I have a vision for this trip. Yet to execute it I am afraid.

The vision gets more intense with each passing day. I realized that I have resources at my fingertips but I will have to suffer uncomfortably to watch it crystallize. Where I work, there are some "big wigs" & "Elite of the Organization". I will be sending out, in a few days, a special email to them requesting donations for specific organizations who work with fistula patients and teach children to read. I will find a way for other donations in a later post. Until then, this forum will serve as a vice for updates on the projects before, during and after. Those abroad will know the contributors and connections will be made to see the contributions from the philanthropic work organized. Stay tuned and "send out good wishes".

No comments:

Post a Comment